How long does construction take?
Depending on your project size and the time of the year, your project starts the process can take 3 to 6 weeks.
Maintaining your concrete pool
What is the importance of proper pH water levels in your gunite swimming pool?
PH measures the amount of acid in water from a scale of 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral. The lower the number, the more acidic the water is. The higher the number, the more basic or alkaline the water is.
In order to for essential protective chemicals in the pool to do their job, maintain the proper pH balance is essential. Chlorine, for example is much less effective at higher pH levels.
Balancing pH levels is also important to make sure your marcite finish stays fresh and colorful. In a properly maintained pool, marcite can last up to 30 years.
How Does Chlorine Work to Sanitize?
When chlorine (CL) and water (H20) combine, a reaction occurs creating hypochlorous acid and hydrochloric acid. Depending on how warm the water is and the pH level, more of one type of acid will be created over the other. Hypochlorous acid is the germ killing form of chlorine and is what is crucial for sanitation of the pool. The chlorine ion kills unwanted microorganisms by attacking through their cell walls and destroying the organism from inside. The cell is then considered oxidized and can no longer cause harm. Chlorine is the cheaper and safer than other methods of sanitation.
What chemicals affect water chemistry?
The essential balance of chemicals is vital to the health of your pool:
• FC - Free Chlorine - This cleans and sanitizes your pool. Chlorine must be constantly replenished.
• PH - Acidity/Alkalinity - The pH levels needs to be kept between 7.5 and 7.8 to protect pool equipment.
• TA - Total Alkalinity - This is important in order to keep the pH at the right levels. Levels should be 60 to 120, sometimes higher.
• CH - Calcium Hardness - Keep this at the right level to prevent plaster damage, but too high and calcium scaling can occur. It should be kept between 220 and 350, unless you have vinyl, in which case it should be lower.
• CYA - Cyanuric Acid - This makes protects chlorine from the effects of the sun. Outdoors keep it at 30 to 50 and indoors 0 to 20 pool in Rhinebeck Shelley Hill Swimming Pools in Rhinebeck inground pools
Please contact our office for any further assistance.